Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Break!

I had an amazing vacation.  It was so nice to see everyone and relax.  As you all know, I didn't have any outstanding homework to accomplish, so I spent all of my break maxin' and relaxing.  It was great.  I thought I would highlight for you some fun happenings in Wallingford over the break.

1. Pep Rally/Powderpuff - Wallingford is proud to boast the longest running powderpuff game in the US.  Powderpuff is a football game where the senior girls from my high  school, Mark T Sheehan play the senior girls from our cross-town rival high school, Lyman Hall.  During the game, the senior boys from both schools cheer for the girls and perform in a half-time show.  The game is a HUGE deal in my town. I had so much fun going to watch many of my senior friends have the time of their lives. Of course, Sheehan won this year!  It was also fun to see so many of my high school friends at the game.

2. Thanksgiving - One of my favorite holidays.  Thanksgiving in the Murray household starts with the Macy's Day Parade. My favorite part of the parade is seeing all of the Broadway acts and the Rockettes.  Then, at noon, we always listen to Alice's Restaurant.  This year, we listened to it in the car on the way to my Aunt Laurie's house.  Once we arrive at my aunt's, there is alot of football watching, singing, cooking, eating and game playing.  By the end, everyone was stuffed and tired from all the fun.

Cooking up a storm
Playing a new game my Aunt Laurie taught us

3. Black Friday - My mom, brother, aunt, and cousins and I all went out to search for some Black Friday deals.  We went to Kohl's and Macy's.  We don't get too crazy on Black Friday, we go out mainly to have fun and to hopefully save some money.  We had a so much fun the year.
Mom and Aunt Laurie playing around in line

Smiles in the check-out line at Kohl's
Aunt Laurie getting in the Christmas spirit

Mom joking with the mannequins 


 

4. Murray Family Outing to the Movies - We went on Saturday to the movies to see Hugo.  It was nice to go out with my family.  The movie was pretty good too.


Those were just some of the highlights from the break. I am so happy to be back at school.  As I write this, Saint Mike's is getting all Christmas-afied!  I love Christmas season! If only it would snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment