Fifteen Random Facts about Me! (I am graduating in 2015, and I don’t think I can name 2,015 things about myself, so I am going with just 15).
- I make lots of lists. I already have lists upon lists of things I need for college, things I already have. Even this about me is a list!!
- I grew up in Wallingford, CT. Wallingford is a small-ish/medium-ish town located smack dab between New Haven and Hartford.
- I have been playing softball for my whole life and I play for the Purple Knights. I love to play softball because the game is quick and intense.
- I am a member of the Honors Program at Saint Michael’s and I am enjoying the challenges that the program brings. I also live in Honors Housing.
- I have a day named after me. May 22nd 2011 is Sarah Murray day in my hometown I got this high honor when I earned my Girl Scout Gold Award. For my award, I organized a Community Service Fair at my high school where students learned about community service opportunities in town.
- I love to talk and listen. I will talk to anyone with ears and listen to anyone with a mouth.
- I am a HUGE nerd therefore I read alot! I will read any type of book. Adding to my nerdiness I love the Harry Potter series (who doesn’t?).
- I received the best graduation present ever this year. My aunt made me a quilt that practically everyone I know made a square for. I love it and how it keeps me warm in the cold Vermont winters.
- I was six months old the first time I visited SMC. My uncle graduated from Saint Mike’s and we all visited while on vacation. I was a little young at that time so I don’t remember but I bet I loved it then too.
- I paint my nails almost every day. I have a bin filled with tons of colors and I use them to express my mood.
- The first thing I bought for going to college was a sleeping bag. I know its kinda odd but I think/hope it will come in handy on some Wilderness Program adventures.
- I am a lector at my church, Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church. I have improved my public speaking in leaps and bounds since the first time I read and now I look forward to it.
- I ski!! Everytime I tell someone where I am going to college, they ask if I ski. When I answer yes, they say, “well there you go”. Like that is the only thing I will do all winter. I like to ski but I do other stuff too! I am no where near a perfect skier, but I know I will get some much needed practice at Smuggs.
- I am an exploratory major. I don’t have a clear plan of what I want to do with my life. For now, I like it that way. In any one given day I dream of a billion things I want to do, or a billion places I want to go. I am excited to see what I do with my life.
- I am a quote lover so my last fact will be one of my favorite quotes:
- “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." - Desiderata
So thats me in 15 facts because I am graduating in 2015.