Because this week has been so hectic and I have done so much, I thought I would break it down by day so that I don't miss anything. This has been such an amazing week.
Sunday Aug. 21st
- I had a BBQ with my Senior English class and teacher. We had a really special class and it was great to see everyone before we all left. I loved getting to meet my teacher's dogs as well.
- Right after my english class BBQ, I had a family going away party at my house. It was so cool to say goodbye and to eat my favorite meal of enchiladas.
|My family and I on my front lawn on Sunday.|
Monday Aug. 22nd
- Spent the day with my amazing neighbors. We went to Lake Compounce, which is an amusement park in CT. We had so much fun and I was very impressed with Landon's (5 years old) and Preston's (3 years old) bravery with the rides.
Tuesday Aug 23rd
- Packed all day. Got everything organized for Wednesday's adventure. Finished up my Eating Animal's Essay. I also went to softball practice.
Wednesday Aug. 24th
- My last Neil's Donuts breakfast for a while with the family.
- Packed the car, so it would be ready to take off the next day.
- Went to see WICKED with my friend Dani. We had so much fun! What a great show, it was beautiful and amazing, and I still kinda can't believe I saw it.
|Mom and I with the stage in the background|
|Mom, Dani and I during intermission|
Thursday Aug. 25th
- Left for SMC at 4:15 am. I was really tired because of Wicked so I slept almost the whole way here. We only stopped once, which is pretty much amazing for my family.
- Arrived at SMC at about 8:50, I was greeted by some awesome and energetic O-Leaders at the gate.
- Drove to my dorm and forgot my room number. I eventually remembered and the orientation leaders kicked butt at getting all of my stuff up the FOUR flights of stairs!
- Started moving all of my stuff into my room. Sent my dad and brother to get the bed lofter guys. Unpacked all of my clothes.
- Lofter men came in and lofted my bed.
- Met my roommate and my roommate's family.
- Went to check in at the Ross Sports Center and checked out all of the cool exhibits there.
- Took our class photo in the gym. Then we ate some delicious food and met with our orientation groups.
- Convocation Ceremony. This was very nice, and also very hot.
- Then it was time for "fun for all" which was really cool and, you guessed it, fun. We did team builders in the gym.
- Hang out/walk around campus
|My little brother CJ and I before they left|
Friday Aug. 26th
- Wake up to whistles
- Breakfast with my Mom, Dad, and brother.
- Went to opening Mass with my family. It was very nice. Then we said our goodbyes.
- Went to lunch with some of my Joyce floormates.
- Hung out until dinner, then dinner at Alliot.
- DANCE PARTY!! The dance party was for the freshman class and it was really fun.
Saturday Aug 27th
- Wake up to whistles
- Went to an informational academics program fair.
- Then a really helpful panel on my summer reading, Eating Animals.
- Met with my advisor, he seems really cool and knowledgeable.
- Scavenger hunt with my orientation group. Loved walking around campus and enjoyed the beautiful sunset.
- Super hilarious hypnotist show. Best I have ever seen.
- Hung out with some floormates.
|Sunset outside of my window|
Which brings us to today...
Sunday Aug 28th
- Rain boots were in order this morning, as well as a heavy duty rain jacket.
- Ross for our last orientation event.
- Wrote a letter to myself for when I graduate. Then we watched a really cool presentation by a very interesting man.
- Underwent an Orientation tradition that includes a really special braid.
- Went to informational sessions on SMC Athletics for softball.
- Back to my dorm to write this.
Now, I am just writing this, looking out my window at Irene which is rocking it right now with a ton of wind and rain.
As you can see, it has been a busy couple of days for me with very little sleep. So far, I LOVE SMC!! Orientation was great and the O-leaders each deserve a trophy or something.