Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Fun

Happy Easter everyone!

This weekend, the students and SMC were treated to a well deserved four day weekend.  The mini-vacation was in honor of Easter.  While most students went home to visit their families, my family came to me!

We started off the weekend on a high note!  My parents/brother came to watch the softball team sweep AIC on Friday.  Baseball also swept their games and word on the curb is that is the first time both teams have won both games on the same day in SMC history. YAY!!!

We spent Saturday driving around and just relaxing.  I also took my brother and my mom out on the Nature Trail behind the 300's Townhouses.

Then for Easter, we attended mass at Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel, which is the chapel here on campus.  After a great service, we went back to where my family was staying and it turned out that the Easter Bunny had come!! While my brother and I went alittle overboard on the candy, we also made a Murray Family Classic: Monkey Bread.  Monkey Bread is this delicious contraption featuring crescent rolls, butter, cinnamon, sugar, and an oven.  Let's just say I was in a bit of a sugar coma when Easter was all said and done.

That's what happened this weekend.  Now, I am going to start my essay for Philosophy so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment